April 6, 2010

My Life...In highschool

Sitting here on Facebook and for some reason I thought about high school. High school was an emotional rollercoaster for me. There were lots of downs but there were a few great memories as well, that taught me about life and the many aspects of it. One just kind of stands out at the moment and I think it's cute. So, here it goes! This is a true story by the way.

It was 2:30 PM and the dismissal bell had just rang. I stood in the long line on the backway stairs trying to make it to my bus as quickly as possible. It was always pretty tough to get down the main stairs so I always took the backstairs because it seemed easier and less crowded. But today, for some reason it was more backed up than usual. After finally getting outside I realized why. There was pizza! After school there was pizza sold as a concession. For the past couple weeks the pizza wasn't available for unknown reasons but now it was back and there were at least 2 dozen boxes of pizza hot and fresh. Usually, if I wasn't on the bus within 10 minutes after the bell rang, I wouldn't get my usual seat on the bus, but this time was an exception! Pizza for crying out loud! The line was long but it was moving pretty quick. I finally got to the front of the line and ordered 2 slices of my favorite sausage pizza. Having my pizza in hand, I couldn't wait to take a bite but I heard the buses beginning to start up. My bus was usually the first bus in line, so I literally had to jog to it. It was 2:45 and the bus was packed! My seat was filled and there was hardly anywhere to sit. I squeezed through the narrow, crowded aisle making my way to the back of the bus eventually finding an empty spot next to a stranger, who I'd never even seen before. I wasn't very happy about the crowded bus or the fact that I didn't have my regular seat. The time flew by quickly and it was around 3:10 when the person sitting next to me got off at her stop. The bus was nearly empty except for about 5 or 6 people scattered throughout the bus, most of them upperclassmen. Being a freshman, I never really associated with the upperclassmen and I'm sure being pretty shy at the time had something to do with it. All of them seemed to be friends and they talked casually as the bus continued to roll. I knew it would be at least 10 minutes before I arrived at my stop so I pulled out my book starting to read. After a few minutes, I looked around making sure my timing was pretty accurate. To my surprise, there was someone looking at me. I'd seen him on the bus and around school but I never really gave him much thought. Seeing him stare at me only made me want to crawl under a rock and hide. After a quick mini-stare back, I had to look away out of the window. I felt more nervous than ever and I couldn't wait until the bus came to my stop. But then again he would notice me standing up and stare at me more. I even thought about sitting there and pretending that I was going to another stop. But that would've been stupid I thought. Finally the bus pulled up to my stop and I grabbed my bag and book standing up and heading down the aisle to the door passing him up. Looking at him closer, I did realize that he was pretty cute but I couldn't figure out why he looked at me the way he did. It was captivating, intriguing, and just different from anything I had experienced. After that day I rode the bus a couple more times but then opted out and instead I joined the car poolers. I looked around school for him and at the time I thought how exciting it was that his first class was across from mine (I was 14-ish give me a break). I never actually spoke to the guy but I think it was a fun unspoken experience. All in all, I realized that the eyes never lie, with just a look you can understand someone's feelings and they don't have to say one word.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww I completely understand unspoken, weird moments like that! Love it ! :)

    ReplyDelete