November 14, 2010

Relationships 265

I'm always talking about relationships, I know.
If I were ever in a relationship, It would have to be uncommon, unique, and different from the average relationship. However, I know that's never going to happen unless by the grace of God, I meet someone who's a "relationship virgin" as I am.

Yes, I've never been in a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend kind of thing) but I've had a few close calls. At first, I thought it was me. I am the scared one, I'm always the reluctant one and yes, that's true. I thought I was scared of getting hurt after seeing friends, family, and even strangers hurt by someone they gave their heart to and yes, that's true. All of those things are true, but what I'm really scared of is how "typical" modern relationships work.

Out of the few close call relationships I've had, I hated it. There was the stupid flirting, cat and mouse kind of stage in one. Which in my opinion is tiring and annoying. Then there was the text and message ALL the time in another. I like communicating but after a while that gets annoying too. Not to mention that I hate texting. Then there's the dating stage, you have to go out, and basically one person is trying to impress the other or both are trying to impress each other.

What do I want? I just want to talk on the phone and in person, get to know each other. No chasing, no flirting, no lies/trying to impress each other, just talk! I want to go out not on a "date" per se, but to have fun, relax and just to be in each other's company. That could be a stroll through a bookstore, frappuccino's at a coffee shop, or just like a drive through the city. Alot of relationships END because you didn't know the person at the BEGINNING. There's too much emphasis on impressing the other, and personally, I don't think that's the best way to go. It's like meeting someone at a club. They're generally in their best shoes, clothes, wearing the best hairstyle, accessories, etc. and people are attracted to one another not because they look as if they have a nice personality, but because they're eye candy. Right there, the relationship is superficial already. i'm not saying that's true for all cases, but it happens...Alot.

Anywho, what I don't want is a typical relationship (Meet. Text. Date. Sex. Talk. Love. In no specific order). I want to know him, his thoughts, his feelings, his style, his ideas, his life, and whatever he wants me to know. I don't want sex... Kissing, touching, and sweet little nothings are of more value. I don't want to be eye candy, something he can show off to his friends. I want to be able to wear jeans and a t-shirt around him. I just want to be ME around him from the beginning and I want him to be him around me from the start.

But with all the sex, temptation, and girls overly willing to seduce a man... Conversating, having alot of things in common, and being mentally/emotionally close isn't enough to hold together a relationship for the guys of today.

Sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment