June 27, 2011

Chris Brown/BET Awards RANT

Ok, I am really freakin' pissed! Hours after the Production wrapped up at the BET Awards, I began to scour the web, reading articles and blogs about the show. For the most part I am HIGHLY disappointed and disgusted.

I am no BET fan, trust me, but there's so much negativity surrounding it, the negativity that was not being displayed after the Tony's, Emmy's, or Country Music Awards, just to name a few. I know BET really isn't very up to par with those awards shows but still...The worst MTV music awards show didn't get this much negativity.

One article in particular really just pissed me off, I wanted to throw my laptop out of the window. A Yahoo! writer said everything negative that could be said about the show, nothing at all positive. I admit, the show was lame at times but what awards show doesn't have it's own gaffes?

I REALLY wish BET was a better network, I'd stand behind it wholeheartedly, but I just can't stand behind fuckery, I can't. I wish to support my own people in pursuit of positive endeavors, but day by day I only see BET seeping down the drainage. The whole concept should be revamped and Debra Lee needs to be fired.

Next topic: Chris Brown.

I am soooooo tired of people talking about how Chris Brown hit a woman, he should die, he doesn't deserve anything, blah, blah, blah. Prior to the Rihanna situation, I liked Chris Brown but I wasn't a die-hard fan. No matter what his celebrity status is, he's still a perfectly flawed human. I HATE that people hate him and don't know him or the entire situation that he was in regarding Rihanna. Lots of people are nagging at BET because he won the most awards at the show last night. People are saying that he doesn't deserve any awards because of his personal life. He won awards based on his talent, not his personal life. I love the new Chris Brown era, he's so talented and his music is the best yet.

It hurts my heart to see anyone constantly criticized no matter what they may do to make it right and this Chris Brown fiasco is still way out of hand. They act as if he murdered Rihanna and threw her body into a muddy ditch. There's two sides to EVERY story and 98% of the media's story was based on Rihanna's account and that one infamous picture after the dispute. I'm not being biased, I'm being honest. I felt for Rihanna, after the incident and she's been apologized to and repaid IN MILLIONS (Everything Rihanna has spiked since she was the victim, while Chris' caareer suffered). I pray that people just let this go. We're all flawed, we all have our faults, we may not hit people out of anger but we're all sinners. No one is pure in this world.

I really feel sympathy for Chris Brown. Just imagine being in the public eye all your life and no matter what you do, you're still scrutinized in every way. It's like being in school, you put your all into your work and every time you get your work back, there's a big fat "F" on it. Even though you put your blood, sweat, and tears into it. It makes me ad just thinking about it. Imagine how that feels times one hundred.

Leave Chris Brown alone. =I

0 comments:

Post a Comment