July 21, 2011

Missed Connection

I was talking to my friend who I'd told this to and she reminded me of the guy that I hit with my car. I think this was one of the most interesting experiences ever.



This was a while ago, like last summer but I remember it like it was yesterday. I pulled up in front of the Home Depot. I was making a quick run for my daddy who needed some propane since our tank was empty. I quickly got out and went to the automated exchange your propane tank kiosk. Hoping to be done in 5 minutes. It took me 20 minutes to get the stupid machine to accept my credit card (the sales associates were everything except helpful). After 30 minutes of being frustrated and hot due to the heat of the day, I finally exchanged the tank and put the new one in my trunk. I was sweating, angry, and annoyed when I got into the car and shut my door. While mumbling obscenities to myself directed toward the very lazy employees, out of the corner of my eye it seemed as if the heavens opened up, God released the most beautiful angel on earth. I quickly turned to get a full view, and there he was.

I'm always pretty aware of my surroundings but this guy really came out of nowhere. I stared at him but I tried to not be so obvious. He wore a muscle shirt that exposed his chiseled arms, and his body glistened in the sun. He was tall (around 5ft10 to 6ft ) and light skinned, African American. A resemblance to Vin Diesel in fact, but much younger maybe mid 20's. I looked away, I didn't want to be rude. He must've been reading my mind, because as he passed up my car all of sudden he fell on the hood of my car. I could've died, and my facial expression showed it. Even though the car was in park, I thought I hit him! I rolled down my window and he said "Oh man, you hit me!" he was laughing and smiling so obviously he was joking. I relaxed a tad but I was so nervous I couldn't think of anything witty to say in response. I laughed and blushed and said something stupid, but still he laughed with me and kept walking, smiling as he walked away. I acted like such a teen. I was so embarrassed that I was being so lame and that I was sweating and that my hair was frizzy from the humidity, I was about to just speed away until I got a phone call. I took the call and a couple minutes later he came out, apparently he went to the vending machine for a Powerade. As he walked out, he was still eying me and smiled. I wanted to say something but the call was important. Just as fast as he appeared he disappeared at the same rate. I didn't see what kind of car he drove, because I pulled off as he was headed to his car.

I just thought that moment was nice...Maybe he was just being nice, and noticed how much crap I had to put with regarding the machine. Who knows. I haven't seen him since, nor have I seen anyone that looks like him. He didn't even look like a person from Baton Rouge. There was something about the way he looked that made him stand out. When I saw him, everyone else disappeared. I'd love to thank him for brightening my day! I'd love to hit him again one day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment