November 26, 2011

Soldier Dreamin'

I always have weird and vivid dreams. Generally they aren't scary or nightmares but just weird. The other night I had a weird dream, and it was actually sort of scary. It even dealt with someone I hadn't seen in a couple years, except on Facebook. This guy, who I've known for years since we attended some of the same schools, recently went to Iraq or Afghanistan. Not for the hell of it, but because he's in a branch of the Armed Forces.

In my dream I was hanging out somewhere, like a store. I was sitting and I saw this tall guy come in. He looked almost dead. He was pale, and his skin had a gray-ish white tone, totally different from his usual tanned skin. He looked rough and so frail. He just looked like death. He went over to the counter and asked the woman who was there a question that was inaudible to me. He looked familiar to me from a distance but I wasn't sure if it was actually him.

The woman at the counter couldn't help him with whatever he was inquiring about so he started to walk away still rambling. I got up and walked over to him and he started asking and talking about drugs. I asked him if he remembered me and he said he did even though he was confused and somewhat disoriented. I told him that he didn't need drugs, that he needed to get clean because he looked horrible but he just kept talking while I half way listened. After a few minutes he just hugged me and said he had to go. In my conscious mind I wanted to say something, I wanted to stop him, but in the dream I just watched him walk away. As he stumbled away I thought about how much I cared for him and started to cry. I hated seeing him like that. I was overwhelmed with my feelings for him that I just couldn't stop crying...Then I woke up. I think it was one of the scariest dreams I've ever had. If it were to happen in real life, I think I'd be even more emotional than I was in my dream.

A lot of my dreams tend to come true. I have Deja Vu A LOT. Probably more than the average person. This is one dream I hope never comes true!

0 comments:

Post a Comment