November 30, 2011

Writing Again...

Ok so after next week I'll be COMPLETELY done with the Fall semester. AMEN! So I'm writing again. It's going to actually be a fiction piece. I'm bad with titles, so as of now it's title-less. It's (of course) a romance type deal with a little dramatic twist. Based on my last post entitled Soldier Dreamin', I saw that you guys really liked that one (based on the pageviews/hits it received), so it's kind of coming from that in a sense. I'll tell you guys what it's about, or at least what I've come up with. Story idea copyrighted by ME. You have no permission to reproduce it or use it in ANY way, or you're sued my friend :) Anywho...

The story is about a man (I'm bad with naming characters as well so they're all nameless). Not just any man, a Marine. Before his deployment he's set to marry this girl who he's known for a long time. They're perfect and happy and just so much in love prior to his deployment. She's basically the only real family that he's had over the years. His father died in combat 20 years earlier, when he was just an infant and his mother abandoned him when he was 16. By the time he returns from his tour 18 months later, the wedding is all set and it's taking place within the next couple weeks. But when he meets up with an old high school friend his feelings for his fiance' are shaken and stirred. Since he's returned to the states he sees things and people in a new light, his friends, family, even his beloved fiance'.

I'm still not even exactly sure what point of view I'm going to take. I could speak through him, his fiance', or his old friend. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment: