May 15, 2012

I Love You...But I Don't Know You

I Love You...But I Don't Know You (and other random stuff) ---

I just finished reading this novel about a girl who falls in love with this guy that she doesn't even know. She watches his actions, listens to his voice, and sort of stalks him. She gets to know him indirectly by just observing, no in depth conversations, no text messages, no tweets, just by nature. Eventually she actually meets him and they fall in love. Typical fairytale. I loved the concept of this novel and it made me wonder is it truly possible to love someone without knowing them?

There have been various songs about this type of love phenomenon. Such as Alicia Keys' "You Don't Know My Name", which describes the feelings and emotions of a girl who is madly obsessed with this guy, gets his name and number from a business card he left at her job, and even fantasizes about their hypothetical relationship. What about that super popular song from the 90's by Savage Garden? The chorus says "I knew I loved you before I met you..." It seems as though loving someone before you really know them isn't so uncommon, at least in the music and movie industry.

Before writing this post, it took me 5 seconds to say that loving someone before you get to know them is absurd but the more I think about it, I think it can happen. Excluding middle schoolers and expectant mothers who love their child before birth, I think it's quite possible that a normal person can fall in love with a stranger. Sometimes you can feel a strong connection to a person that has nothing to do with the physical aspect. I believe you can love a person for their actions, their words, their voice, their body language, and just their presence. Some people fall in love with a person without even noticing those little things that can just be observed.

I've always been fascinated by the idea of love at first sight, not that I believe or disbelieve in it, it's just fascinating...It always makes me wonder how do you know when you've met the love of your life? People say you just know, but I don't believe that, not everyone just knows. I honestly don't think I'll know. I think my "one" is probably off somewhere about to get married because I was oblivious to the fact that he is/was my soulmate...Or maybe he's just hiding under a boulder of some sort. Who knows.

In closing, I'd like to apologize for my depressing, love-infested posts. I found out something about someone who I used to know and it's taking a toll on me, I'm not even sure why. It feels like a piece of my childhood is being taken away. Someone who's always been in the back of my mind is taking that step, and I just feel all weird, even though I knew it was coming. This in addition to "The Break Up". Ugh. Happiness, gaiety, and joy please come back to me. In a standard romantic comedy, this would the moment where the most amazing, magical moment occurs and the gray skies turn blue, as life goes from Death Valley to Mount St. Helens within a matter of minutes! Oh, I forgot this in real life. Le sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment